Buying a new refrigerator? 5 things to consider
The fridge is one of the most used household appliances, and one of the most loved – keeping all of your favourite food fresh!
When you need a new fridge, there are some things to think about. A fridge is an investment that should last you for many years to come.
5 things to consider before purchasing your new refrigerator
- Fridge capacity. What size fridge do you need? This is the most important question! Your fridge size should be relative with your household size. A fridge that is packed with food won’t work effectively and a fridge that is understocked will use excess energy.
- Energy rating. Your fridge is on for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. How energy efficient it is, is important to the environment and your bank account! Look for 5 star energy efficiency rated fridges to keep your power usage as efficient as possible.
- Who is using the fridge. Fridge freezers come in various formations, French door, top mount, bottom mount. If anyone in the house suffers from back pain then bending down to open a drawer may not be suitable and a French door option might make more sense.
- The fridge space. Make sure you measure the space your fridge is going to go, height and depth. There is nothing worse than ordering a new fridge to find it won’t fit. Be mindful of space to open the doors too and which way they open.
- The finish of your fridge. Stainless steel, classic white, a bright colour or black? The finish of your fridge should suit the décor (and future décor) of your kitchen and home. A stainless steel fridge is timeless and will suit most kitchens, whereas a bright coloured fridge may not suit future renovations.
Once you have decided on the basics, it’s time to go shopping! With so much choice, you are bound to find a fridge that ticks all the boxes for your household.
Keyword: new refrigerator
Meta description: When you need a new refrigerator, there are some things to think about. A fridge is an investment that should last you for many years to come.
Tags: new fridge, what size fridge do I need, energy efficient fridge, buying fridge online