When it comes to cleaning, we all want to make our lives a little easier!
There’s a new dishwasher tablet cleaning hack for washing machines that’s gone viral! However it isn’t one you want to jump on board with, we tell you why.
The latest viral hack to clean your washing machine involves running your machine empty, on a hot cycle, with a dishwashing tablet or two. Sounds simple and cheap, right?
Is cleaning my washing machine with dishwasher tablets a good idea?
Although simple and cheap, this dishwasher tablet cleaning hack could end us costing your money and frustration in the long run.
In an interview with Channel 9, a Choice white goods expert explained that whilst initially, your washing machine may seem to be clean, they aren’t designed to deal with dishwasher detergent and over time this could damage seals and hoses. This could also void your manufacturers warranty!
The correct way to clean your washing machine
- Spray the drum and seals with white vinegar then wipe with a damp microfiber cloth.
- Add two cups of white vinegar to the detergent dispenser.
- On the highest and hottest setting, run it through a complete cycle
- Once complete, add half a cup of baking soda to the drum
- Again, on the highest and hottest setting run it through another complete cycle.
- Keep doors and drawers open to allow drying and preventing mould and mildewing build up!
This eco-friendly way to clean your washing machine is still kind on your pocket, requires little to no elbow grease and won’t harm your machine or its warranty it the process.
Before using any washing machine cleaning hack ask a qualified technician if it’s safe.